SIGTech is the Special Interest Group for technology, technicians and technical issues in education.
We are committed to educational technology and those school district personnel charged with implementing, integrating, and maintaining it.
The SIGTech/SIGTC annual meeting will be held at the MACUL Conference on March 21st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan. Luncheon will be served in Room D3-26/27
SIGTech's goals for the 2012/2013 school year include:
- Maintain membership at a healthy level.
- Provide professional development opportunities based on member feedback.
- Continue collaboration with SIGTC.
- Promote SIGTECH activities on state technology directors listserv (techc).
- Publish at least two articles in the journal.
- Maintain a useful web site presence.
- Actively support the State Technology Directors Meeting.
- Investigate further collaborations with MSBO, CoSN, MAEDS.
- Provide at least two full day or four half day sessions during Pre-Con
- Assist in staffing at the Annual Conference