WHAT IS SIGOL?
The Special Interest Group for Online Learning (SIGOL) provides a forum for online learning, blended learning, mobile learning devices, web 2.0 tools, course management systems and other instructional tools and strategies for teaching and learning online. The SIGOL community includes members with various levels of expertise on these topics.
Goals & Objectives:
Goal #1 Provide resources via Social Media presence to create, collaborate and share resources related to online learning.
Goal #2 Build an active Steering committee for input, suggestions and help
- Organize resources
- Update SIGOL webpage on MACUL site
- Compile existing resources (Diigo etc) to add to the website
- Research and add broad resources that support online learning
- Determine current and upcoming topics (21f..)
- Post the newest 5 resources and archive older ones to Diigo (as a bookmark archive)
- Solicit interested members through news emails by recruiting 4-8 regular members from a variety of locations and grade levels and hold regular meetings
- Use various online “meetings” Todays meet, Hangouts
- Send surveys via Google forms to assist in planning
GREAT ARTICLE ALERT!
GEARING UP FOR MACUL 2015
Remember to mark your calendars for March 18th, 19th, and 20th for the 2015 MACUL Conference in Detroit, Michigan.
SIGOL 2014 - 2015 Goals:
- Provide resources via Social Media presence to create, collaborate and share resources related to online learning.
- Provide professional development on Common Core and technology, online assessment, and enhancing communication
- Create three to four ten-minute screencasts related to a specific tool to utilize in Online Learning.
Join our Google Group! Please email Carol Isakson at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask her to add you to SIGOL Group. We can't wait to connect with you!
Join us at MACUL 2015 in Detroit, Michigan